Friday, March 12, 2010

Relationships

Relationships. You can feel so attached to a person that you think you will end up with them forever. You start to make a story in your head about your life ans how the other person fits in. I know a couple that has been together for almost 10 months now, and they seem so in love. They already made plans for the future and they can both see each other at the end. They keep a diary and they both writ in it everyday..they already finished ones and now they moved on to another one. When you are young relationships can seem like the most important thing in the world. This is one of my favorite lines from the song Letter to me by Brad Paisley:

And then I'd say I know its tough
When you break up after seven months
And yeah I know you really liked her and it just don't seem fair
All I can say is pain like that is fast and it's rare

[1st Chorus]
And oh you got so much going for you going right
But I know at 17 it's hard to see past Friday night
She wasn't right for you
And still you feel like there's a knife sticking out of your back
And you're wondering if you'll survive
You'll make it through this and you'll see
You're still around to write this letter to me

Sure you are young and you need to experiences things both good and bad but there are some relationships out there that are like why bother. YOu see two really friends and then they decide they have feelings for each other and they are happy one day and then 2 weeks later they're broken up and then sometimes its awkward and thy can't even be considered friends any more....they basically wasted their friendship. Useually when teenagers breakup its over a small argument that isn't even important. The couple i know has had millions of small fights but they realize that the love that they have for each other is much greater than a stupid argument. I also know another couple who got together and then after a couple of months they broke up. My friend asked me if she should get back together with him and i told her it wasn't worth getting back together because it may be worse if they did and broke up again. Of course she didn't listen to me and after a while they broke up again and decided they should still be "friends". Even after they broke up and were so called "friends" people still came up to me and asked me if they were still going out and i couldn't blame them..they did look like they were still dating and then i guess it got too awkward and they decided not to even talk to each other any more. Now they talked everything out again and decided to be "friends" again .....let's see how long it lasts this time. Relationships aren't everything, there is so much out there that you can accomplish by yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment