Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Writing Groups


I believe that working in writing groups will be more useful and helpful because we can get more comments and advice about our writing from not just the person sitting next to you but from 4 or 5 other students. I'd really like help when i get writers block. I have a tendency to get stuck when i run out of ideas in my head. I think of a bunch of ideas and i will make it sound to myself that i have so much to say that it will fill up a page but it turns out to be a paragraph and then when i want to go into more depth i can't, my brain just freezes.I would also like to talk through my ideas with a group before actually writing them down because then the people in the group can offer other ideas and comments before i start to write them down so i can have more of an idea of what i want to write. When they proofread it they can offer more comments and suggestions and tell me what works and what doesn't. There are so many books out there that is really hard to choose which one to read. We should discuss books that we have read or are currently reading so we can tell each other which books are good to read. Blog posts. Blog posts are really important because we can expand more in our writing. We should leave comments on as many peoples blogs as we possibly can. Its not just for their benefit but its also for yours because you learn how to analyze a piece of writing and this will make your English writing develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment