Thursday, September 24, 2009

random song.....

Here are some lyrics to a song I was writing these are my real lyrics real from beginning to end. I was just really bored in my music class and I got a rhythm stuck in my head and started rhyming and putting together phrases and words on the back of some song notes.....

I Always Said

your the one I go to
when i'm feeling lonely
your the one I go to
when life's moving slowly
can't imagine what it
would be like to
live without you

I always said I wanted you to be here with me
I always said I wanted you to stay
But now that i've seen things clear
I realize we can’t be near
I have to move on and leave you behind

You think you played me betrayed me
The mistake was all on you
No the mistake was trusting you

I always said I wanted you to be here with me
I always said I wanted you to stay
But now that i’ve seen things clear
I realize we can’t be near
I have to move on and leave you behind

I don’t know what’s happening here
Why can’t I just disappear
Like the stars at dawn

I always said we'd be together
Forever
It went by so fast
It felt like we didn't last

I always said I wanted you to be here with me
I always said I wanted you to stay

I always said

When ever I writ e a song I feel so accomplished like i’ve said what was on my mind even if it has nothing to do with or about me.
Once one sentence comes to my head it pretty much comes naturally which i find odd because i never really thought about writing songs until a couple months ago. Writing a song can be a frustrating process if you're not sure how to go about it. No matter what you may have heard, there's no magic formula to writing a song. I acknowledge The process is different for everyone, and there's no right or wrong way to do it. A good song doesn't have to sound a certain way or fit into a certain mold. All it needs to be is honest and from the heart in order to connect with an audience. Some people write lyrics before the music, others compose the music first, and still others write them at the same time. I kind of just get a rhythm and that starts me off. You’re not necessarily going to get the perfect song the first time or the time you write a new son like you might always go back and change a word here or there or take out a verse or add one it’s a process. Writing music is a very personal thing, and mixing it up a bit every once in a while can help you combat songwriters block too.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if we should get a "songwriters blogging club" type of thing together, because you're not the only one writing lyrics and talking about composition.

    Lucky you to be able to flow lyrics out like this in the middle of class! ;^) I write music, but I've always sucked at writing lyrics.

    Question though: first verse = can't live without you....later verses = you betrayed me so good-bye. What's up with this conflict!?

    ReplyDelete